「爾乃世之光」 “Thou art the Light of the World”
The motto of the school was derived from the Chinese translation of the biblical phrase: 'Thou art the Light of the World' (爾乃世之光) (Matthew 5:14).
We hope our students can become 'True Light of the World' - the future light-bearers and seed-sowers of the Christian faith.
In pursuance of the Christian ideal of love and equality, True Light has engaged in women's education with the aim of providing Christian education for the whole person and in the spirit of the school motto 'Thou art the light of the world'.
It is part of our tradition to promote among our students the importance of creativity, innovation, self-sacrifice, concern for others and the pursuit of excellence. At the same time, we always embrace the belief that 'education is life'. Through participation in diverse school activities, our students can achieve balanced development in various domains, namely moral, intellectual, physical, aesthetic, social and spiritual.
The following qualities are what our students strive to attain through education provided by us:
- To have physical fitness and good health.
- To have a spirit of endurance and perseverance.
- To be a humble, courteous, honest and law-abiding person.
- To be dedicated, eager to learn, prudent, critical in thinking and determined in taking action.
- To have talents in all aspects and always work for the betterment of the environment.
- To be equipped with professional knowledge and skills.
- To have awareness of the needs and realities of their time.
- To be able to co-operate with others actively for the benefit of society.
- To be just and unprejudiced, and willing to sacrifice and serve.
- To be able to enrich other people's lives.